We are very excited to put out a call to entry and invite you to submit your spirits brand to participate in the 7th Annual NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS COMPETITION (“NYISC”) taking place this year on Oct. 23-24th 2016 at the 3 West Club in New York. This competition stands out as the only international spirits competition where all the judges are real trade buyers judging the spirits by its category and actual price.
• All spirits are judged by every brand’s TRUE key trade target – buyers, retail stores, restaurant & bar owners, distributors and importers. Unlike other competitions, these expert TRADE ONLY judges and their opinions have immediate impact and the ability to make a direct influence on sales and a brand’s bottom line. The judges are judging the spirits as if they are buying for their business.
• Each product category has a sub category for pricing. Therefore, a spirit will be judged in its category along with other spirits in its same price range. Each category will have its own pricing levels and details are listed on the submission form. For example, $35 bourbon will be placed into a judging category alongside $40 bourbon and not a $70 bourbon. The judges will know the actual retail price for the spirit they are judging.
• Brands will be rated on a set of criteria including appearance, aroma, taste, mouthfeel and finish. Upon completion of the tastings, panelists will confer and decide which spirits are award worthy.
• Award levels are Double Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Double Gold: Phenomenal Product for Buyers
- Gold: Buyers “Love” It
- Silver: Buyers “Like” It
- Bronze: Buyers will purchase it
• Double Gold award winners will be re-tasted by all panelists to establish which brands may be eligible to receive a ‘Best of Category’ endorsement in its pricing category
• Open to all commercially produced spirits made in the US or Internationally. On average 15-20% of those who submit are looking to enter the US and the New York Market for the first time or get honest feedback from real trade buyers.
• While other competitions award medals to up to 85% of entrants, the NYISC judges only award the brands that are most deserving. Last year, the NYISC awarded only 47% of its entrants. Thus, it is becoming one of the most respected spirits competition in the industry. Winning the New York International Spirits Competition is more meaningful and certainly more impactful and relevant to media and especially the trade –ultimately having a more significant and direct impact on sales.
BENEFITS AND VISIBILITY:
The NYISC will offer brand exposure in the following ways:
• All winning brands will be listed on the NYISC site with its image and link to their website.
• The results of the NYISC will be promoted vigorously to trade and consumer media. There will be media onsite reporting on the competition.
• Winning brands will receive an actual 2” medal to represent their win.
• There is no charge for winning brands to use their winning award icons in their marketing or promotional materials.
• The media sponsors will be listing all awarded brands and profiling the top winners
• There will be a formal press release disseminated on behalf of the NYISC announcing the winners within two weeks of the competition.
• NYISC and its sister competition New York International Wine Competition (NYIWC) will be exhibiting at ProWein in Dusseldorf March 2017 to showcase the top winners of the NYISC and NYIWC. There will be no additional charge for the selected winners to participate in the trade show.
**This year will be showcasing the top winners at the Berlin Bar Convent. We are excited to be participating in the top Mixology/Spirits Show in Europe!
Each entrant at the beginning of the submission process is $300 online and $315 by fax/email. Submissions may be done online through www.thedatastill.com. The submission form may be downloaded at the NYISC website. The submission process starts March 1st 2016.
We are very happy to be working again with the industry leader Western Carriers to receive and warehouse the submissions for the 6th Annual NYISC.
As an added benefit for distilleries, distributors and importers who currently have inventory at Western Carriers...you will be able to shift your inventory to our storage area and incur no additional shipping charges. So please inquire with your importer and distributor to see if you product is at the Western Carrier's location in NJ.
Submissions to be sent
C/0 Nest Egg/Western Carriers
Main Building ATTN: Joel Rubbins
2220 91st Street
North Bergen NJ 07047
Please contact our customs broker Park Street at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need customs assistance. All customs fees must be fully paid in full before the competition.
The deadline for receipt of entry is October 23rd 2016. All submissions must be in the warehouse by October 17th to be judged by the full panel. In the end all spirits submitted to the competition will be judged.
v. 9173380163 x 1